Going to try to get back into the swing of things. New job and sleep schedule has eaten into my spare time recently, but I miss posting. Anyway, I thought I would start it off lightly with an old meme I came across. Fun stuff.
Here's the premise:
Name 12 characters you have played in RPGs, before looking at the questions that follow.
List your characters numbered 1 to 12, with the name of the RPG you played them in.
Once you've picked your 12 characters, look at the questions and answer accordingly. (No peeking until you've picked your characters!)
1) John Keegan (JFK Jr. in hiding), Camarilla vampire in Poland, Vampire: The Masquerade
2) Aucros Kendra, Cloud Giant-blooded grappler, Dungeons & Dragons 3.x (Eberron)
3) Jimba, Hoop boat captain/treasure hunter...bunny pirate!, Gamma World ala Story Engine
4) Wade, Assassin for hire (Deadpool), Dungeons & Dragons 3.x gestalt superhero campaign
5) Ivellios Vyshaan, Scoundrel Sun Elf Wizard, Dungeons & Dragons 3.x (Forgotten Realms)
6) Kalec Mat, Superstitious starfighter pilot, WEG Star Wars
7) Rikus Blackheart, Dark-humored mul gladiator/assassin, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition and Dungeons & Dragons 3.x
8) Eros Narcis, Jet-setting corporate playboy charmer, Aberrant
9) Richard Edgars, Professor of history at Rutgers, Call of Cthulhu
10) Manlebb D'ann, Twi'lek scoundrel, d20 Star Wars
11) Mourn Tarnruth, Wild Elf schizo shaman, Dungeons & Dragons 3.x
12) Jack Mason, Past-his-prime detective, d20 Modern Urban Arcana
1) Who would make a better college professor: 6, or 11?
lol...oh man. Well, I would say that Kalec might be the most stable of the two, but Mourn could bring alot to the table. More of a world-wise person than the starfighter. I really don't think either would ever get the job.
2) Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
It never came up in campaign, but he does have bluish white skin and silver hair. 18 Str means he's got a nice build, I would think. If ladies are into 7'4" blue-white guys, then hey, I guess he's hot.
3) 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Interesting. Jack is in way over his head. Getting caught up with an organization that wants to eradicate anything non-human (which he doesn't know yet) and Eros is definitely non-human, by the group's standards. He's trying, at the same time, to prove he can keep up with the younger cops. I would say infiltrating a group of supers or even worse, "monsters." This seems awesome, the more I think about it. Not sure how they would meet, but the possibilities!
4) What is, or would be, 9's favourite book?
One that he could read and not go mad? Such was his fate, alas. (Though, I think he would love to be able to read and understand any of the ancient texts.)
5) Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Kalec is so superstitious that I immediately want to say he would follow this huge, powerful, odd-looking human...but at the same time, if Aucros saw Kalec touch down in his Z-95, then who knows what he might think, especially since Kalec would be suited up. Might mistake him for a powerful artificer, might mistake him for something else entirely.
6) For some reason, 5 is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9, or 10?
Ivellios is married, so his wife might not like that too much, but if it were to come up, then it's hard to say. Both have their merits... Prof. Edgars, his intellect and good conversation, Manlebb for his like-mindedness, but I think our man Richard wins out. Manlebb is, ultimately, too evil and ruthless for Ivellios, and no doubt, would be Dominated within a week after personality clashes.
7) 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Aucros, Rikus, and Jack, hm. Somewhere with beer...or whiskey and likely with huge steaks or other cuts of meat. They're all just that type. Like a bootleather convention of my characters, in a sense. I think they would just talk about how shitty life is, you know...how they throw their lives on the line and too often, it just goes unrecognized. I dunno why I picture these guys getting along so well. They just seem to have all bitten the same bullets.
8) 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Much hilarity, that's what. Jimba pulls a knife. Manlebb draws a laspistol. Jimba pulls a shotgun. Manlebb draws another pistol. Jimba then produces grenades. Manlebb calls in a favor and a small squad of Imperial stormtroopers show up. Jimba winks to his mutant friend Bizkit and the dog-man calls down a lightning bolt on Manlebb's backup. It's all one-upmanship. Eventually, Jimba would take it to a physical level if he couldn't intimidate, and Manlebb would rather manipulate than kill, though he might eventually get tired of the back and forth and just shoot the hoop.
9) If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would they get it back?
Two VERY rich and powerful men who are more than men. This is interesting. They wouldn't take the stage personally. I picture each of them working through agents, going back and forth stealing and counter-stealing whatever it is. If they ever did meet face to face to resolve it, Eros would probably just work out a huge payoff to resolve it. Fun stuff. Board-room characters win.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Justifiable Homicide, in which Rikus is given a trans-planar assassination job, and once he does the deed, Jack gets on the case. Jack's a member of a baseline group, and depending on where he is at that point with the group, if he sees that the murdered "person" was actually a monster, then he might work to put law enforcement on the wrong track, because he thinks the life taken isn't as precious as a human's would be.
11) What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Wade, being based off Marvel's Deadpool, is an assassin. 'nuff said.
12) If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
I want to say awesomely. I've always called Rikus my "flagship" character. When I think back on D&D games, the ones where I played him stand out most. I love the character, and his demeanor most matches mine, of all the characters I have played. I'm just...not a gladiator, or an assassin.
13) If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
*sigh* Assuming he could even remember anything I tell him, or if he didn't misinterpret the directions, I would simply ask him to leave. Seems that he's keen on getting into tight spots.
14) Does anyone on your friends list resemble 11 (either in appearance or personality)?
No, and I'm very happy of that fact.
15) If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
I think there wouldn't even be a debate. Wade might be good at persuading people to help him, but I'm afraid Ivellios is a pretty powerful enchanter, so Aucros would likely get no choice other than if he wished to forgo his saving throw.
16) What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
"What in the moons am I doing?!" Not quite the most combative guy.
17) If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Missa super Letatus sum. A classical Greek work.
18) 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Jack does, I think. John doesn't eat food, and Kalec might not even like the stuff. Maybe Jack would pass it up to get some drink, though.
19) What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
"So...what are those tentacle things fo....oh, you're a man?! *red face* Sorry, sir."
20) What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
"Arrested? When? Who? Sir, I don't know what you're talking about 'called it in?' We didn't see anyone looking like an 'Elrond ripoff.'" I say again, Ivellios is a very powerful enchanter.
21) What is 6's secret?
He used to fly search-and-destroy missions for the Empire for pay.
22) If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Mourn. Crazy he might be, but he still has magic, which trumps autos and the train.
23) If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Rikus, definitely. I can't say I wouldn't mind being in Eros' company, because he is rich and the life of the party, but he hits like a girl.
24) 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic?
Ok, so... John and Richard team up to thwart Wade. (Sounds reasonable!) Mourn volunteers to help, but is later revealed to work for Wade. (What were they thinking, anyway? He talks to rocks!) Wade has kidnapped Jack to force them to surrender. (No! You can't kidnap the everyman!) Following the "wise" advice of Ivellios, they seek out Jimba who gives them what they need. (First off...Ivellios would think, rightfully so, that Jimba's an idiot, but eh.) Jimba has alot of crazy junk, so who knows what they need to finish the quest. He probably has one somewhere.
I can't even begin to think of a name. This sounds so wonky that I think the only real title it can have is Deadpool #(whatever is next in continuity here)