5.22.2010

Vampire Again!

So, I don't think I mentioned it before, but Tony picked the Vampire game back up a while back and I've been playing that when I can make it. This last session, I think there were 3 new characters introduced, or maybe 2.

I hadn't been able to make the last 2 sessions, so I was a little out of the loop and confused by some of the changes in cast and goals of the coterie. Apparently our Sabbat-search went into overdrive and we've now tracked down where the Bishop hangs. That's cool, but I think we're outgunned, both literally and figuratively. We're taking on the Sabbat in the city pretty much on our own. We have contacts that we can use to aid us, but we never really use them (my character has none of his own). We don't interact with other vampires or other supernatural things to have garnered friends, favors, etc. there. Except for like 3 of us, everyone in the game has only gotten about 20 xp, so it isn't like we're powerful, and we know some of the Sabbat we're hunting are.

On a side note, I'm not really sure what it is about the game, and I'm not saying that it isn't fun. I love Vampire, and I have a blast playing the game, but I never feel like I can focus when I come to play. I think a great deal of it has to do with the fact that I'm on my 3rd character, so I don't really feel like I've got much invested in the game, I guess. Taylor is on his 4th character, two of which he voluntarily dropped. I need to ask him if he feels the same way about the game.

Like I said, though, it's not like I'm not having fun. The characters are all enjoyable to see develop and the roleplay aspect is win, as it should be for a Storyteller game.

Personal reminder to me: Bruni needs a weapon that isn't the internet/Shreknet. Like a gun.

No comments: